The summer is slowly turning into fall, and after a while with few posts and releases I am now back on track with lots of inspiration and collected material. Here are some of the things I have been working on during the summer, and which I will publish here on andreasviklund.com in a not-too-distant future:
- New template series: Grid-based, easy to customize and with lots of sample layouts included.
- Glossary: Non-intrusive popups (on mouseover) for common template-related terms. Should make tutorials and template descriptions easier for a HTML/CSS beginner to understand.
- New article series: Running and managing a blog/website while away from the desktop computer (mobile blogging, useful apps and more), and blog posts about personal branding and how to create and maintain an online identity.
- More tutorial posts: Once you have turned a template into a complete website, how do you move on to publish it on the web. More about hosting options, domains and publishing. And after that, how to promote your site and keep it optimized, as well as expanding your reach through social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Stock photos and graphics design material: As mentioned in an earlier post. Free-to-use and free-to-modify images, photos and other resources related to graphics design. More image packs for existing templates.
- Redesigned template and theme pages: Bigger screenshots, improved descriptions and links to sites using the different designs.
If there is anything specific that you would be interested in reading more about, don’t hesitate to send me requests. Post a comment or send me an e-mail. If anyone would be interested in writing guest posts on any of the topics mentioned above, I also encourage you to get in touch!
This article was written by Andreas
Web designer, writer and the creative engine behind this website. Author of most of the free website templates, along with some of the WordPress themes.